Folkwear patterns have been around for a while, I think I probably first saw this pattern back in the 80's. I was with my parents walking through a historic village and we had stopped at one of the shops where they had a number of historic patterns. Everything was beautiful, but a little expensive for my teenage budget. Even now, after usually just buying patterns during Joanns sales, it was a splurge but I finally had a copy.
I like the simpler lines of Edwardian and teens era clothing. The blouse was pretty easy to make up, the tucks were the most time consuming and I'm not entirely happy with them. I changed a few things about the pattern, you were supposed to add the collar and the facing first, and then attach the vestee to the facing, I sandwiched it between the facing and the blouse for a smoother look.And I eliminated the buttons on the cuffs since I could get my hands through them without having to unbutton them, as well as the second decorative cuff.
Detail of tucks. Buttons are antique ones from my collection. Crocheted cotton lace is from Dharma Trading
Detail of handworked buttonholes. I really enjoy this sort of handwork. Although they look a little wonky in the picture. And my ironing skills leave a little to be desired.